Friday, July 1, 2011

Pregnant face-off!

Okay, not really. Last time I worked on a Friday, my nice supervisor was there and made me cashier. Tonight, not only was nice supervisor not there, another pregnant lady was working! And I'm assuming she's actually scheduled on Fridays, so she cashiered. Sigh. I could have used it, but maybe the hard work made my headache go away. Working on salads is my next preference, mainly because it doesn't involve a lot of lifting and it isn't next to hot foods. Tonight, however, it wasn't as pleasant as usual because, first off, the supervisor was a little behind so we didn't even get job assignments until 5 minutes after the shift started (usually it happens at least five minutes before, if not fifteen), and second, the other guy working salads with me had never done it before. Oh well... hard work is good for me right? Serving probably would have been easier, since it was just pizza night, but last time I "just" served, I got soo hot from the food and everything that it wasn't fun, either. Maybe I'm just pathetic. :-)

On the bright side, today started out... not very nice. I would say perhaps I had a minor bought with depression (that I totally blame on hormones) where I didn't see the point of doing anything and just felt bad. Fortunately, I had class which forced me out of the house (and possibly my gloom) and into the sunshine. Class started great, but we ended it with a lecture about statistics... and don't get me wrong, I find a lot interesting about statistics now that I've taken it, but the presenter went a little too much into the theoretical "why we have statistics" for me. Ended with a headache. I feel better mentally, though! Just tired. Real tired. Work did feed us dinner, though, which very rarely happens.

Speaking of dinner, poor Gary had an incident at work today. Well, incident implies he had something to do with it... turns out they cleaned out the fridge at work and threw his dinner away (tupperware and all!). I was able to pick up a burger for him, and, humorously, for two other co-workers, but he was understandably upset when he found out (since it was late and he was hungry!). I learned that... when he was angry with what happened... he managed to put a dent in the fridge. Hah! Am I a horrible wife for thinking that is hilarious? My husband dented a refrigerator. I am sorry the cause was anger/frustration... but... hahahaha there's a dent in that fridge now. I'm just glad it isn't ours.

Well, I'm going to stand under the swamp cooler and cool down for a few minutes. It's good to be home. Next big decision: do I work two shifts tomorrow or just one?...

No comments:

Post a Comment