Saturday, July 2, 2011

Since I'm sooo educated

I read a lot of potentially worthless things when I'm bored. Or, in this case, when I'm too tired to want to do anything besides sit here. Anyway, I've seen quite a bit of hype about toys and kids meals at fast food restaurants. Look at child obesity! McDonalds, we blame YOU and your little toys and attractive packaging!...

(Well, not to point fingers or anything, but it's not like the kids walk in and buy it themselves...)

All blame aside, though, based off my purely personal experience, when I wanted to go to a fast-food place, my mom usually wouldn't buy us the kids meal with the fancy toy. We were lucky if we got to go at all. So, in my mind, I wanted to go for the food. Still, most of the time my mom said no. Probably not entirely based on health, since with five kids fast food became expensive food. As we got older, occasionally we would take our own personal money and go buy fast food... again, not for the toy.

Basically this was a really long way of saying that I don't really think it's the toys in kids meals that lead to childhood obesity.

And lets be real... they don't have toys for adults, so what are we blaming for our obesity?

On a more positive note, my baby is kicking around so hard I literally see my stomach twitching and bouncing. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment