Monday, July 25, 2011

Is that what nesting is?

It's funny; the past few days I guess I got tired of doing my usual nothingness, so I decided to tackle our second bedroom ever so slightly. The funny part is that it's not like I don't have other things to do; I have a summary due on Wednesday and a kitchen fuuuuuull of dishes that need to be done. (Maybe that's why I went with the less intimidating project....) I had a small little shower so I started by organizing/putting away the things I got there, then I cleared out the hall closet so I could have a place to put more diapers (also, all the gift bags I've been hoarding). Today I cleaned up the pile of moving apparatus that has probably been sitting on the floor in there since, ahem, we moved here. They don't really have a home, but at least they're tidied/folded/organized. I just have to figure out what to do with the mini Christmas tree and some other random boxes of stuff. And.... a lot of other things.

Oh, and today I also finally took the travel system we bought out of the box! (Stroller, infant carrier/car seat, and car seat base.) The stroller still doesn't have the wheels attached and I haven't taken off any tags really, but at least they aren't just chilling in a box. Next big project? The crib. We just need to actually make a space for it first.

Yeah, this is way more fun than doing dishes. I don't know if this is technically what nesting is, but it makes sense to me. I guess it really hit me the other day when someone asked how much longer I had and I told them about two and a half months. They told me, as most do, "She'll be here before you know it!" Oh. Right, she will. And she'll need somewhere to sleep, and a car seat to come home in. Riiiiight. Still lots to do, but like I said: way more fun than dishes! That's some incentive, anyway. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment