Friday, July 29, 2011

Baby steps

Today has barely begun, or so it feels like anyway, yet I've actually accomplished some things. I haven't accomplished the remaining 20 pages of my reading for class today (which is what I should be doing...) but I finally put the stroller together and figured out how to get most of it to work. I also made it to Babies R Us and bought a monitor, since they sent me a coupon. Every once in a while, I consider buying something I'm not sure we'll need just because they sent me a coupon, and then I realize they send me an email almost every single day telling me about deals. But 20% off is a pretty good coupon, and we've decided by now that a baby monitor would be a good thing to have.

Here's something funny, though: we got this sweet gift card to Babies R Us, which is why I don't really look very many other places for baby things just yet, and last night when I planned this trek, I fully intended on using it. However, when I got there today, I looked at the baby monitors, checked out a couple other things, and when I got to the register, pulled out the debit card and payed. "Gift card" did not even cross my mind. Maybe it's cause I was tired. And I didn't realize what I'd done until I was half way home. I just laughed at myself.... If "pregnancy brain" really does exist, I definitely have it.

Okay. Time to continue on with those twenty pages. (Side note: the textbook assignment was 40 pages, so I'm not just complaining about a fairly reasonable twenty-page reading. I chauffeured my grandma and her husband (and his seeing-eye dog) to my cousin's wedding reception yesterday up in Salt Lake, so I haven't had all the time in the world for the reading, though I've probably had enough that I just didn't use well. I wasn't complaining about the chauffeuring, either, I only meant to imply that it took up a little more time than your usual jaunt up to Salt Lake for a ring ceremony/reception.)

No comments:

Post a Comment