Sunday, July 31, 2011

Driving slow on Sunday morning

It's been a busy past few days! Which I don't really mind, except that I haven't had a lot of time to review for Monday's in-class study session. Knowing me, though, I probably wouldn't have studied this weekend anyway...

Friday we took our downstairs neighbors up to Bountiful for a little going-away party. Well, for their going-away party. First off, their little girl was soo cute on the drive up. Second, as the wife confided in me later, Gary's a little bit crazy when he starts to talk and drive at the same time. We all made it though. :-) It was a fun little party, and funny because it was pretty much divided by girls and guys the entire night. Our husbands are all so loud, though, that it worked out all right. We didn't get home until after midnight... I was definitely ready for bed at that point. Our poor neighbors, too - they moved on Saturday.

Of course, that meant I rolled out of bed at 9:30 the next morning and went down to help their little moving party (at 10)... in what ways I could. (However, I bet our neighbors got up long before to make sure everything was ready for the move. They're such good sports.) Really, I didn't do much. Fortunately there were big, strong men there to help out... I just kept the wife company pretty much and helped pull stuff into the main room so nothing would be forgotten. I still managed to go up and down the stairs a lot, and it was pretty hot even at 10/11, so I was pretty worn out by the end. I think, lucky dogs, they headed off this morning, hopefully early. Maybe their daughter will sleep in the car a little...

Gary wasn't feeling very well Saturday morning, so he was worn out, too, and we had a few chill hours. Played a computer game together for a while, and decided to use these sweet movie tickets I'd found (for cheap!) and go see Cowboys and Aliens. Which... I still personally am not a big fan of the title, but I guess it's based off of a comic or something by the same name, so some fans might have been upset if they changed the title. Speaking of fans, I had this funny couple sitting next to me, where mostly the wife but occasionally the husband would get really into this movie. From the beginning throughout I could tell when she liked what happened cause she would start clapping. Not loudly, fortunately, but she was so animated. It was almost too funny to get annoyed at. It was a good movie, though - not too intense or scary, yet still leaving me wondering how they were going to resolve it right up to the end.

I heart date nights, by the way. We had fun. I didn't go right to bed after... but pretty soon. Soo tired. And I vaguely remember Gary waking me up when he came in (and I think it was my fault, since he probably tripped on the cord of my hairdryer), but I fell back asleep real soon after that, too.

And now I get to go to work. Yay for missionaries needing to eat. Hopefully this will be one of the easier ice cream shifts.... But you know, at least I get to work with ice cream. Yummy. And I get off in time to go to the last hour of church, which with our current reverse-block schedule is the most important. (Especially because I'm supposed to lead the music!) I think, though, that I'll try and get the last Sunday shift off... Baby belly is starting to make things difficult, and not just because I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment