Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not exactly getting it off my chest

Today hasn't been the most splendid of days. I thought I was okay (though tired) when I first woke up, but it appears that my somewhat rough evening was rougher than I first imagined. Either that or the humidity really got me down.

One really great thing happened today, though. I had been at work for about half an hour and was uncomfortably folding ham slices (such is the glorious nature of food service) and thinking about all the homework I hadn't done when one of my co-workers came up to me and basically asked if she could work the rest of the shift for me. I do kind of need the hours and don't really have a way of making up for them this week (maybe next week?) but ummm I totally agreed. It freed up several hours, allowing me to at least get half my assignment done and a (small) start on the reading. I'm glad I looked at the reading assignment well ahead of time; probably due to the long weekend, it was quite a long reading, and I probably would have panicked if I tried to do it all tomorrow morning.

ALSO another lovely thing: I got an email from my professor saying we had until 5 to email the assignment to the TA. Awesome. Class gets out at 2:40, so it's not like that's a monumental amount of extra time, but don't you just love getting a few unexpected hours to finish something stressful? I sure do.

.... Of course, I'm clearly having a difficult time sticking to my guns and actually finishing the assignment, hence me writing this. I think I'm going to take a little "break" and do some more of the reading for tomorrow, since that one is "due" at 1 instead of 5.

I think looking at a couple positives made my evening just a little more pleasant. It really hasn't been a spectacular day. My eating habits and procrastination surely did not help, but I like to think they were partially a result of the icky feelings I already had and not solely the cause of icky feelings.

At least I sort of have a game plan to make our lunch tomorrow. It might even be healthy-ish. I might have to recruit my poor hubby to help me do some dishes before then, though, or it might not happen. Poor hubby... I'm such a broken wife right now.

Oh, and random sidenote: I finally took the wedding ring off. My poor swollen fingers were making it uncomfortable. Aaaah.... pregnancy. I love being pregnant but I don't love a lot of things about pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment