Friday, June 3, 2011

So close!!

The weekend. Not that it really matters to me whether it's the weekend or not since I'm not in classes and I'm just as likely to work on Saturday as I am any other day of the week. HOWEVER, this weekend brings some excitement... we're going home! For the first time since we were married, we are actually going home. (But what about Christmas, you might ask? Hah! Just another reason we're glad Gary no longer works at Best Buy.) Gary is super excited because he really wants a vacation from work; I'm excited because I want to have fun. We might have a bit of a conflict of interest, but the beautiful thing is that our families live pretty close to each other, so if worse comes to worse and Gary just wants to chill, I can go pester someone to do something with me, even if it is just my sister to go window shopping. We don't exactly have a lot of money to go play with since we're also buying a car while we're out there. (Sort of. Father-in-law already bought it in our behalf, I suppose, so we're buying it from him.) 

I'm also excited because we get to see our families and some friends from church. And I'm going to have a little baby shower! Which is funny, since I'm not super far along (fortunately my tummy looks bigger by the end of the day and my shower is in the evening... heh). My mom thought it would be fun, since I did grow up in the same ward my whole life and some of the women at church who probably were at my baby blessing can now come to my baby shower. Now wouldn't that be weird? And I think it's bad when some of the kids I remember being born are going to their senior proms... 

The funny thing is I should be doing lots right now to get ready. For one thing, I really ought to finish cleaning a few things, because who really wants to come home to a messy house? Especially when the mess is dishes and possibly could end up with a little stink if left alone too long. (Gross, sorry, but it's true...) I at least started some laundry so we can pack, though silly me I thought about packing earlier this week. Did I start? Noooo. Maybe procrastination is why I hate packing so much. Or at least part of the reason. 

Oh, boy. I am excited to go home. I'm not excited about the drive back (we're flying down, which makes me a teeny bit nervous since I haven't flown much over the past few years, but I was a frequent flier back in the day). I can't complain, though, since things have worked out really beautifully. Even with the fact that we won't really have a lot of extra money after we pay for the car, we aren't going further in to debt, which is amazing. Yay for miracles!
All right... time to do something just a little more productive. Hopefully. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment