Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mr. Curiosity

It's a funny thing, wanting to be friends and not knowing how. Well, okay, so maybe that's just a problem of mine. Some people I connect with really well, but I think some of my best friends I connected with really fast really quickly. However, I love lots of people. Somehow I just manage to turn into that person that people like to say hi to (and excitedly!) but don't actually have anything to say to. It's mutual, I suppose; I'm super excited to see people but I guess I just don't know what to say after that.

I love love love my mission sisters. Maybe I'm just not in the same stage as them... lots of them are getting married, which makes me really happy (because I love being married!), so maybe we will have something to talk about, if we manage to still get together as old married ladies. Except I'm an old married pregnant lady now. And I love it! It's just more like being a return missionary around lots of people who haven't served a mission -- it's an interesting topic, for a time, but they can't really relate, and on top of all that, I start to sound like a broken record. At least I feel like I would. I love my little girl. I love feeling her move, I love the idea that we're going to be parents. I don't always love being pregnant, but I do like to talk about it. I don't know a  ton of currently pregnant women, and so I suddenly find myself wanting to communicate more with random friends on Facebook that I haven't talked to since high school, just because they are pregnant, too.

Enough whining, though... I just wish I were better at connecting. Practice makes perfect?

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand about being a broken record when talking about pregnancy. That seems to be the only thing I talk about, too.

    ReplyDelete