Friday, June 17, 2011

Oh, Baby

My stomach hurts tonight. I got pretty hungry while working tonight (which happens when the cafeteria you work at only serves during regular mealtimes... dinner shift is 4-7:30 or so). They fed us some of the leftover pizza after work, which was pretty dang splendid, but after the first few pieces I still felt like I was hungry. And I didn't exactly stuff my face, either, because most of the time I find that I fill up pretty quick with my baby taking up the room my tummy used to. However, I got more pizza anyway and a small dessert (because I earned it! sort of), but while I sort of had that hungry feeling after, it was mostly hurt. I passed the hungry stage and just went to the stuffed stage, I think. I'm mostly better now, three and a half hours later...

And, speaking about baby, she was dancing like crazy today. Especially this morning. And even during work... I wondered sometimes if the missionaries thought I was really weird for kind of holding my tummy, since in my ginormous work shirt, it isn't obvious that I'm pregnant.

Yesterday I had a prenatal appointment, and it was kind of funny... my doctor was running late, so I waited probably about 40 minutes, got weighed and had my blood pressure taken, waited another five minutes, and spoke with my doctor for another five or ten minutes, where he measured me and listed to the heart beat. I kind of knew it was going to be short, but that was ridiculous. Of course, he was running a bit late, so I think he rushed through just a little bit. (I sort of wished that they told me he was handling an emergency instead of just saying he was running late; wouldn't that make you feel more compassionate? It certainly did for me, and I wasn't really that impatient to begin with.)

Well, I think that's all for now. Random baby ramblings. You get what you get, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment