Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eating

It's funny how I sort of think I'm doing okay--admittedly, not great, but at least okay--in the eating department. Then I go and record what I'm eating and see a consistent lack of enough vegetables, milk (who knew???) and even protein. Occasionally fruit, and heck, just everything. Except things like cake. I do juuuust fine with getting enough of those. Who knew eating enough calories would be difficult?? No wonder I'm not gaining a lot of weight.

Boy, this makes me want to eat more cake. Go figure.

Part of it is a convenience thing. I have a hard time keeping on top of things, and that includes food. Especially because food costs money, and we aren't exactly rolling in dough right now. (Is that slang term for money spelled "dough"? What are my other options, though?) That, and I still haven't figured out exactly how much my husband eats. If it is straight up meat, he eats a whole lot of it. With meatless dishes or casseroles (usually lower in meat content) he'll eat less... I just don't ever know how much. Supposedly he likes everything, but I can tell what he really likes by how much he eats and how consistently. :-) He really is a good sport, though, about liking everything, even if it's just 'okay.'

So, in light of the fact that I probably shouldn't eat more cake, what else can I have with dinner?


(maybe the cake really IS a lie!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment