Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sleep

This probably won't be a shocker to moms, but I decided today that I definitely sleep more now than I would be if our little girl was at home (which she should be soon!). I had two very successful feedings, which is a big deal, but they lasted at least 45 minutes each. Now, with the cleaning up and measuring and such that comes with pumping, I can take 45 minutes if I'm slow or if the pumping takes long, but usually I pump about fifteen minutes (thank you, hospital-grade pump rental). So sure, I wake up every three hours and don't love the sound of my alarm going off, but I'm usually back to bed 30-40 minutes later. Much as I love staring at my little girl (and a little aside here - having her breastfeed is possibly the most beautiful thing, especially since I couldn't even try until almost two days after she was born), it seems like a 45-60 minute feeding at three in the morning would be less than fun.

Oh sleep. How I will miss you. But it will be totally worth it if it means having our little baby home.

No comments:

Post a Comment