Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nicknames

Compliments of my husband, our baby is now a "bug." I remember while changing her diaper in the hospital that I would say things like "hush-a-boo" and, you know, other soothing things. This may be compliments of my husband, or perhaps influential to my husband, who calls her "bug-a-boo." Which I think is ridiculously cute. So, here is an abbreviated list of things that I call her:

Bug-a-boo
Bug
Bug-a
Emmy-bug
Miss Emily
Squishy baby
Bright eyes

I like to call her squishy baby when she does that cute thing where she curls her legs up to her torso, especially in what one of the nurses liked to call the "second womb," up on my chest. It is soooo adorable, but it's also cute when we're just holding her and she pulls her legs all up and tucks her arms in.

Basically, we have a really, really cute baby. Even if we had a rough night, my husband let me nap a lot this morning (and... I might go take another one because the warmth from the oven is making me drowsy), so I'm quite enamored of her. I just hope all the sleeping she's doing now doesn't mean she'll be awake all night... However, I have a feeling she didn't just want to be awake, but that she was having a rough night with spitting up and having an ucky tummy, so she fussed every time I went to put her down. Poor thing. She is just so darn cute, though. And she's getting to be a little bit of a chunker. It's like I see her getting bigger every day. Two weeks old! And probably more than half a pound above her birth weight - she was 7 oz above it on Friday morning. My biggest comfort during her spitting up ordeal is that I'm pretty sure she's digesting because she keeps growing and, well, she keeps needing diaper changes.

Having a baby is pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment