Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Not enough naps

After a rough night, followed by a fairly rough day (or at least a day with a bit of fussing and lots of intermittent eating), I come to the end and realize: I'm not sure I'm ready for another rough night. I mean... who is, right? She's been pretty nice to me lately and seems to have had alternated between good nights and bad nights. However, her days are usually pretty good, I think. What does that mean about tonight? At least after being awake with her for quite a while this morning my mom got up at 7 and held her for the next three hours while Gary and I slept. That was pretty nice all around. Also, I had a nurse with a public health group call me and discussed her acid reflux and things I could do that might help. I am super encouraged, now, though the reflux she said could last up to four months. I don't know if her suggestions have made a significant difference yet, since I only talked with her late this afternoon, though I have gotten more burps out of her than I normally get. And now that I think about it, at this very moment she isn't making quite as many of those funny throat-clearing-like noises as she made earlier. Could be because her sleep is deeper, though.

Anyway. Rambling paragraph over. I just woke up from a nap; perhaps that is why my thoughts aren't very collected, and why I feel so sleep-deprived (am I the only one with this sensation after a nap?). Almost time to feed baby again. :-)

Oh. And. A couple random notes: I have an idea why postpartum recovery is so long... the only time you go through the equivalent of a major surgery and instead of being told to get lots of rest, you are told to wake up every three hours. 

Also. I got peed on today. Big time. Like the diaper was still on, and I was feeding her, when suddenly I feel this warmth travel down my lower abdomen... not cool, Baby, not cool. Worst part is that I just had to sit there and wait for her to finish up. And that I had put her in this super cute onesie and had to change her... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment