Monday, September 19, 2011

Take it all back

I think I can gracefully eat my words. Weeks 35 and 36 were pretty great... sometime in between, however, a switch flipped and I am perpetually uncomfortable. Maybe it's just the past few days - I was sitting for about 5 hours at a prenatal seminar on Saturday and yesterday I felt pretty funny. Today so far isn't a whole lot better, and the worst part (for me) is that I really don't want to do anything. I mean, I really do want to get a lot done, since I don't plan on having a lot of time to run errands the first few weeks of Baby's life, but then I think about moving my body around and motivation is gone. I half-heartedly offered to drive my husband to school this morning because then I would be able to go to a few places (like Walmart and Babies 'R' Us), but first off I didn't really want to (though I think I might have been able to just sit in the car, which is why I even offered at all), and secondly by the time I offered I think we both knew he wouldn't be going anyway. I'm so nice.

I guess I thought the biggest reason women were so anxious to have their babies (aside from, you know, actually wanting the child) was because they got so big. Well, I'm not massive, even though I feel like it, but I think I understand that it isn't the biggest part. Just the discomfort. Oh well. At least it's still mostly fun to feel her wiggling around in there. Three or four weeks really isn't that long, right? And most of my "discomforts" haven't been serious for more than a day or two.... maybe this episode won't be any different. (I'm pretty convinced that God was extra nice to me during pregnancy because of Baby's medical condition - she only has one complication and appears very healthy otherwise, and I've really had things pretty good, especially after the first trimester.)

And you know what? I probably wouldn't be complaining much at all if my poor husband were feeling better. We can't both be sitting around doing nothing... though he was extremely nice to me yesterday and made us dinner. However, I feel bad asking him to do things I really feel like I should be able to do when he has been working so hard and feeling so gross. Aaaah, well, we aren't starving anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment