Friday, September 23, 2011

On a roll... almost

I've felt so dang domestic lately. Possibly because most of this weekend I felt really out of it and did, um, pretty much nothing. Really. My husband was wonderful and even cooked for us, cause I didn't want to. Things have been looking up, though! I've actually been making us lunches (I planned one today, and even got the rice all cooked, when Gary called to tell me his work was feeding him lunch), I made granola bars yesterday, Gary and I (mostly Gary) washed dishes yesterday, and today I tried a snazzy new way to cook brown rice and wrapped up the majority of the granola bars to go in the freezer - I made a real big pan for that purpose. We still have at least 5 or 6 in the fridge. (They're moist but crumbly, and I figure they'll hold together better if refrigerated.)

I just noticed I have a ton of asides just now. Half this post may or may not be in parenthesis.

Anyway, an unfortunate downfall of my domesticity is that I try and get it all out at once, so when I'm done, I'm kind of tuckered out. I think, Oh, I'll feel better in an hour or so, but perhaps by the time the hour is up I'm used to sitting down, or I'm still tired, or what have you, so I just continue to not do more.

What am I complaining about though? Productivity that makes me tired? At least I'm getting something done, I'm definitely excited about that. Maybe I'm just complaining. The activity brings out my lower back pain, especially when I'm bending over or hunched over cooking (I don't know why I feel my face has to be so close to the food, but I find I hunch over a lot cooking), and the pain in my back is only sort of relieved when sitting. Maybe I should try lying down in bed reading?

Heh. Random aside: the doctor asked about swelling on my last visit, and I told him I'd been a little more swollen-feeling than usual. He informed me that I could try lying on my side and try not to be on my feet, that would help. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I hadn't been on my feet hardly at all the past few days, or that while I don't lie down very often, I usually sit with my feet propped up, either on the couch next to me or a little stool in front of the couch. I figure the swelling had something to do with my funk this weekend (though I'm glad my blood pressure was still really good!), maybe that I was a little extra swelly because I was so very inactive.

Well. I'm done with any complaining, I think. I really am pretty proud of what I have accomplished, I just have so much left still to do! My dear husband tries to comfort me with things like, "You're pregnant, you aren't supposed to do anything," or, "It doesn't need to be done right now, you're fine," but those don't really help... I just gotta take baby steps I suppose. And lest I don't give my husband enough credit, he makes me laugh all the time and does make me enjoy life more. Those particular comments just weren't helpful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment