Thursday, September 15, 2011

Staying at home

One day I'll get this stay-at-home business down. At least I'm doing laundry right now, hooray! And I have some distant plans to go to the grocery store, but in all honesty I could do that tomorrow and be perfectly happy with my life. (Unless I was a total slacker all evening - but how can I be, I'm doing laundry! heh..) I just get so distracted and unmotivated so easily... I really do want to at least start some dishes, but so many other things are more fun. Even the laundry is more fun. Or I sit down with my laptop while munching on some food and don't get up again for another twenty minutes or so.

Or I decide to write a blog post for no apparent reason...

On the brighter side, I got a package from Amazon today. I scored a pretty sweet deal on a pump and some bottles/accessories. It was like getting a new toy, but a really weird new toy that I don't know what to do with. And that I'm pretty sure I have to clean. Hah. It was still exciting, though - once that crib comes out of the box, we'll pretty much be set to go (and getting that crib mattress.... yeah). Pretty soon I'll trek over to Babies 'R' Us for my "completion" discount, using up the last little bit on our sweet gift card.

Just a few more weeks.... I can't believe it. I feel like I should be more excited than I am - right now I'm pretty content to just have her cooking away in my tummy, feeling her squirm around. Don't get me wrong, I can't even imagine how much more amazing she'll be once she's here and how much we'll love her, it's just... I know our lives will change forever the minute she comes out, and that's pretty intimidating. I just went to a class on nursing and it sounds like that's all I will be doing for the first two weeks of her life (or more).

At least maybe this way I won't be impatient if she comes 'late,' though maybe the anticipation of her being 40+ weeks is what keeps me unprepared for her imminent arrival.

Well, I think the whites are done and I should probably fold them while I still have incentive. Hooray for laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment