Monday, March 5, 2012

Plenty to worry about

I don't know how some women do it. Moms who go to school and/or go to work, yet still manage to be good moms (and get the dishes done, I bet!). I only feel capable of doing one or the other, though I more than likely have horrible time-management skills. Normally I'm not big into the comparison game, but in motherhood, I play the worst kind: I compare to the way I imagine all mothers must be.

On the other hand, I realize some of my struggles are a little out of the ordinary. She is having surgery this week  (the first of two). I had yet another doctor appointment today where I found out she still hasn't gained back the weight she lost from her most recent UTI, and in fact she probably should've gained 6-12 ounces in the past two weeks and she only gained 3. We've been to the pediatrician 4 times in the past month. So today, instead of dedicatedly tackling the 40+ pages of reading I have left and possibly starting on the 5 journal article reviews due in a week, I spent the past two hours looking into how I could help my baby gain weight, wondering if my milk supply was low, and considering making an appointment with a lactation consultant. Or maybe her surgery will help her feel better, so she'll be able to eat and grow normally.

I just want to take my baby out for a walk on a beautiful day, but I haven't even mentioned all the housework I've neglected. Guess I just need to work on my mad babywearing skillz.

Oh, well - with a face like this, what do I really have to complain about?


And now for something completely different!

I put my baby down in her crib for a nap (already asleep) and turned on the baby monitor, getting ready to do some of my neglected housework. It was silent, so imagine my surprise when I walked into the room and saw this:



Once again, though... with a face like that, who really cares?

Also, I got these cute little baby hair things in a set with a headband. The headband is too small, and she never really had enough hair for the hair things, but I decided to give it a go anyway.


Hee. Maybe one day she'll get some hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment