Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Sunday Thought


I remember once, during tummy time, baby seemed to be getting tired from holding her head up and started to fuss. Since she had only been doing it a few minutes, I told her, "I know this is hard, but if you don't do it, how else are you going to grow big and strong?"

Whoa.

Life lesson. To myself.

I think that a lot when I'm talking to my daughter - I should really be listening to what I'm saying. It hasn't taken me too long to catch a glimpse of why Heavenly Father wants us to be parents (though I'm sure it is just a glimpse, so far).

Sometimes I wonder if God is as sorrowful as I am to let things, painful things, happen to his children. I know my baby hates hates hates her medicine, but if she doesn't take it, she'll get an infection. If I don't take her in for surgery, she'll have problems with infections the rest of her life or possibly have kidney failure. She won't understand... and even if she did, it will still hurt. Does God ever feel that sadness when he knows he has to let bad things happen to his children? I have a lot of questions like that. The more my understanding of the nature of God deepens, the more my hypotheses change... but I still don't really know.

And, even though I feel like I've already learned a lot from being a parent... I'm super glad God is a perfect parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment