Monday, February 20, 2012

At least she's really cute

Sometimes my baby falls asleep while nursing. Sometimes I just let her hang out there, cause I know she'll sleep longer if she's being held. Sometimes this means I get pretty bored. (Yes, I do have homework. No, I don't want to do it right now.) Enter the blog. Unfortunately, not much has been going on around here. Hubby and I have been sick and lazy, and baby is returning to her normal self after her most recent bout with infection. (Occasionally I realize she could have had her surgery by now and I kick myself.)

We did go to Tucano's to celebrate my birthday on Saturday (and because they sent me a free meal voucher... I love birthday clubs). Baby slept through most of it, which was amazing, but when she woke up and hubby took her out of the car seat, she started screeeeaaaaaming. Apparently she didn't like the excitement, noise, and/or people. I left without being stuffed, getting my little birthday icecream, or any extra cheese bread things. I think that was the saddest part. (My life is so hard, right?) She calmed down right after leaving though, poor dear. And it's possible she's been extra cute lately to make up for it. Here, I'll give some proof.



Mmm, toes.


This is something she's taken to lately - she can grab the pacifier while it's in her mouth, and she pulls it out. But I figure she can't put it back in yet, so what does she do? Chew on the side. I missed a beautiful photo opp just before this where she'd gotten... umm... the sticky-outy part on the back into her mouth in such a way that she was sucking on the pacifier without holding it. It's hard to describe, but I laughed and laughed and took a picture just as she spat it out. Oh, well.

That's about all for now. Our neighbors made something delicious and (American-)Italian smelling, and it's making me hungry! Time to see if the baby girl will be okay separated from me for a few moments.

1 comment: