Tuesday, January 10, 2012

To Whom It May Concern

Dear World,

May I complain for a bit? I'll try to keep it brief.

I liked being a full-time mom. And, to be honest, I felt pretty luck to take care of anything besides Baby and the occasional meal throughout the day.

This responsibility business with school is really throwing off my groove. What if Baby is awake and wants to play? I guess I am pretty horrid at being responsible and reading while feeding her, which is probably the biggest claim on my time at the moment.

So, I guess I basically led a charmed life while only being responsible for the baby, and I want it back. Course, I am also slightly traumatized y the babysitting situations today - my plans fell through this morning and I couldn't take her to class, and while they fell through this afternoon, we found a replacement... it's just that when I went to pick her up, she was crying inconsolably! Traumatizing. She should have been ale to go that long without eating, but you know babies -- they eat on their time. Lesson learned: send milk with the baby. Poor thing.

Also, Baby is having some medical imaging done tomorrow morning... up in Salt Lake. And I just realized this evening that I'll be part of the dreaded Morning Commute. And that I'll probably need to leave no later than 7. Yay. Hopefully baby will sleep through it.

That is all. Sincerely, Diane

PS - To make this post a little more chipper, I decided to add baby pictures at the end. Can you see why I just want to play with her all day?





1 comment:

  1. She's adorable, Diane. :-)

    I understand about the school/stay at home mom thing. I don't know if it's an option for you, but have you considered taking some time off of school? It wasn't my original plan, but I'm probably going to take a few terms off - the newborn phase is really time consuming (as I'm sure you know :-) ).

    ReplyDelete