Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Do something good

I was reading my cousin's blog this morning, where she decided to use some Christmas funds for self-betterment instead of merely gratification, and she wrote that she sat back and realized she did something good for herself.

When I finished my breakfast, I finally pulled out the multivitamin after at least a week's neglect and thought, "I'm going to do something good for myself." I decided in that moment, wouldn't it be great if I did something good for myself every day? Not in a selfish, it's-all-about-me fashion, or even the often-necessary time to myself, but something that helps me feel better as a person. You know, sort of like that daily improvement thing I should be doing anyway... yeah. I take inspiration where I can get it.

Today it was just taking a pill (did I mention I secretly hate/fear pills? True story); tomorrow I may try to find some quality time with the scriptures. After that, who knows? Assuming I keep up with it, I'll try not to be repetitive (like counting my multivitamin every day), but I also want to be realistic. If taking my multivitamin after a long night or crazy morning is all I can manage, I'll consider it my good deed.

And, hey, maybe after I figure out how to do something good for myself, it will be easier to do something good for others. Or is it the other way around?

No comments:

Post a Comment