Sunday, November 20, 2011

One-track mind

Life right now is basically baby, baby, baby. (And hubby, too... he's just much less needy.) Most of the time I even don't mind - she is, overall, a very good, cute baby. It's even getting to the point where she takes less time to eat and I can generally plan ahead to make sure she eats before appointments and things. We haven't completely figured things out, by any means, but things are going smoother.

Maybe it's no wonder, then, that the thought of going back to school puts me on edge. In fact, most of the time I ignore it simply because I don't want to figure out how it'll work. I was planning on two classes, knowing Gary would be at work during one of them, but it looks like he might need to take a class the same time as my second class. We certainly can't afford a babysitter for all that time, and I don't have enough family close by to try and free-load (said with love). I might need to take her to class with me, which is, as most things in life, easier said than done. If she slept all day, I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad... however, she spends a little more time awake as the weeks go by. I guess at least she's not a toddler or something.

And then there's this insane part of me that just wants to try taking my four remaining classes all in one go. Wouldn't it be nice to just be done? And with a little work now, I could probably test out of one, so it would only be three classes. That's not so bad, is it? I suppose, if I really felt crazy, I could register for all four and drop them if it were too many. That option, though, could potentially create a financial mess, since BYU awards grants based on credit hours. Not to mention the additional homework. Sigh.

Even if I don't get it all done by April, I should graduate by August. That's something to be proud of. Not that I'll be the only woman at BYU to graduate with a child in tow or anything, but that hardly lessens the difficulty for any of us. If I had much more than twelve credit hours remaining, I'm not sure I could have been persuaded to do it. As it is, my husband's loving support (and insistence) is the main reason I decided not to just drop out.

On a completely random end note, I typed this up one-handed. Since it is getting late, I won't re-read it until later, so I take no responsibility for words potentially misspelled in context but missed by spellcheck. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment