Friday, November 11, 2011

Hey, Soul Sister

Second post? Today's not that boring, not yet anyway, I just had a memory that I was reminded of. The song "Hey, Soul Sister" came on my Pandora radio just now (even though it's a "Disney" channel... that's a story for another day I guess...). I have a very pleasant, almost dream-like memory associated with that song.

Last May, I flew out to Utah shortly after arriving home from my mission. I saw my boy for the first time in 18 months and we got engaged later that day. I stayed about a week, and early the morning I was going to fly out, I got the stomach flu. Ugh. So my boy went out and got me crackers and ginger ale, but he still had to go to work that day. After a nap, I woke up to the sun shining through the window, the sounds of people splashing in the pool of the apartment complex, and Hey, Soul Sister playing.

I find it amusing that I have such a pleasant recollection of a time that involved the stomach flu, but in spite of my inability/lack of desire to do anything but lie there, I was warm, the sun was out, and I was engaged to a wonderful man. Who, by the way, woke me up when he came back from work with a kiss. What a sweetie. :-)  And I guess I did get to stay another few days as a result.

Even if I got my fiancee (and the girls I was staying with) sick. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment