Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday's the day to blog

At least, that's what blogger told me this morning when I found significantly more unread blogs than usual. Maybe it's just this weekend. Big things are starting to happen all around (getting ready for the school year, for whatever reason) and hey, let's blog about it!

Not much exciting is going on on this front, actually. I had my last day of work yesterday (an odd feeling, let me tell you), and the next big thing on my agenda is giving birth.

Yes. Giving birth.

Whew. It makes me a tiny bit nervous, especially because I don't know when it will happen. I think our baby will probably be overdue, because that's how my mom was (and I think Gary's mom might have been, though not as bad), but as I think I've mentioned, our baby has health concerns. She seems to be doing fine, but what if the doctors don't want to let her go past 38 weeks? Actually, from what I've read about being induced, I might not go along unless it's really a medical hazard for her to keep chillin' in there.

So maybe my concerns are for naught. BUT the reason I kind of panic a little is because the doctors I see keep throwing around 36 weeks like I will barely make it that far. And people, 36 weeks is TWO WEEKS AWAY. I don't think I'm ready to have a baby in two weeks. I don't think I'm really ready to have one in 6 weeks, but at least I think I'll be more physically prepared... since I've stopped working I'm hoping I'll use the time to pack away little things in the freezer, to finish organizing the baby's room, and pick up a few extra necessities (like nursing clothes, because let's face it: not having them would be like leaving on vacation and forgetting to pack underwear. It would be better for everyone to get these things before hand).

Well, at least I have my actual doctor appointment tomorrow, so I can ask some questions and hopefully not have to worry so much. In the meantime, my poor hubby got called in to work and I have a cake in the oven (for when he gets home!) and a few more things I'd like to do while it's baking/cooling. Like washing dishes.

And putting together something for our child to sleep in. You know, just in case....

No comments:

Post a Comment