Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello, Friday

Weekends are kind of a funny thing for me. I love them like the next person, though I do usually end up working for a short time on Saturday. (And you know, working just makes it feel not like a Saturday.) This weekend is especially odd: for one thing, I have a final on Monday that I keep feeling like I really ought to study for. I mean, why am I blogging when I could be studying for my final? (Oh, yeah, maybe it's cause I've spent the past few days trying really hard to do a couple journal article reviews. My lack of motivation is incredible.) On the other hand, though, I have a final on Monday, meaning that Monday is my last day of class. And it's not even really a day of class... it's just getting together for convenience of proctoring the fact that we'll all be sitting around for over 90 minutes typing away.

I'm kind of sad about it.

Not to say that I'll miss homework, because I won't. But I enjoyed the teacher, my class mates, the material... and while I like that it was short and thus relatively easier, I'm kind of sad that it was so short and I won't be taking classes for... umm... a while. I'd wonder if I'll feel like this at graduation, but I'm hoping I'll be sufficiently immersed with our little girl that I'll be happy to finally be finished. Preparing for our little girl could keep me sufficiently entertained, I think, except that I keep stressing about my class. I have this sort of weird philosophy (that really isn't true and I know it) that if I don't let myself get very involved in non-homework activities, that I'll somehow start doing my homework. Lots of cleaning? Can't, I've got homework. Trip to the grocery store? Maybe after I've done my homework. Here's how I go completely off the deep end, though: I stay on or around my computer. Homework? Maybe after I watch this youtube clip. Or check facebook (again). Or read a blog entry.... yeah. I think I was on drugs when I decided that was a useful way to do homework.

Hello tangent! So anyway, I'm sad that school is ending. But I am pretty happy that I'll be able to focus some attention elsewhere. Like the dishes. And the nursery. Oooh the nursery.

Here's hoping I use the new-found freedom well.

No comments:

Post a Comment