Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy anniversary

Well, my hubby and I have been married a year now. It's been kind of a funny weekend, full of work and not a ton of celebration, but I would say it's been fun nonetheless. Gary awesomely bought me a sewing machine, and I somewhat less awesomely got him a CD that he wanted a while back and the Star Trek: Next Generation movies on blu-ray (in a box set - he's really big on box sets).

I think my favorite part of our prolonged celebration was Saturday night, after we had gone out to eat. We ended up sitting in the second bedroom which I had gutted the day before, so all sorts of stuff was scattered across the room. We just looked at old stuff from our respective pasts - some of my high school things, a few things from his missions, these funny "commercials" he had recorded... It was pretty fun. Even if sitting on the floor got very uncomfortable after a while.

It's funny to think, though, that if we do that in years to come, more and more of that stuff we look at will be our mutual past. While I don't expect us to share equally in everything or consider certain things "mine," the memories will be shared to a certain degree. That'll be fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment