Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wait for it...

We had our ultrasound this morning. The baby is doing well, though I do have an appointment with parinatology next week to check out a little thing. It kept moving all over the place. Our nurse was super great and explained all these things she was looking at, measurements she made, and she made sure to point out all the anatomy she was looking at - first bones and then organs. Which brings me to....

It's a girl!

Gary is totally blown away. He was pretty convinced it was a boy. For a while he said he wasn't sure, but at the beginning and these past few weeks he's been pretty confident. We even both agreed on a little boy's name that we really liked. But oh man... I always wanted a little girl. I'm SUPER excited. SO excited. Seriously. She is a mover, though. The nurse mentioned it might have been what I had for breakfast... I'll admit my cereal was a little sugary... maybe it makes her hyperactive? ;-) I don't know what it was though, but after our doctor appointment Monday I swear I've been feeling flutters and what feels like twitches down there, and almost getting concerned. I'd had cramps before, and the doctor called those a "red flag," so I was wondering if maybe they were some sort of funny painless cramp? But the nurse assured me that's my baby moving around that I feel. I wondered, but I wasn't sure if it was too soon. Turns out she is going crazy down there.

Medical drama aside, being pregnant is fun. And, as a note for posterity's sake, the drama is all my fault, since I'm not the best at remembering things... like getting to the health center for my lab tests. The staff at the clinic I go to are really so nice. I'm really glad my neighbor, Serretta, suggested them to us, because I think I'll really like them all. I kind of wish I were seeing the same doctor again on my next appointment, because he was so nice, but I don't doubt this next doctor will also be very nice, and this way I'll get a chance to meet some other doctors so I'll know who is on-call when I deliver. I think that's how it works out, anyway.

Now, I wait for the billing... that will be a(n unpleasant) surprise. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment