Sunday, April 15, 2012

A tale of two Emily stories

There may be more than two Emily stories, but I have two in particular to share.

I believe last time I referred to her dislike of squash. Well, Gary was feeding her yesterday evening and we decided to give it another whirl. Sooo I got the camera out. She actually ate more of it, because Gary kept trying to get it in her mouth and succeeding, and she kept making some amazing faces. I guess that's only one story because I have some sweet pictures to accompany it.


Sweet, unsuspecting Baby


Not sure what to think....


Leaning towards dislike...


Yeah, this stuff is gross.

I'm probably just a super mean mommy, but that disgusted face just gets me. I love that picture.

Another picture I love? Let me preface it with a short story.

Our naptimes are sort of in a state of flux - I tried to set naptimes, but she kept falling asleep before them, or she would be out with a babysitter away from her crib, sleep until an hour before her next naptime... things like that. Usually, though, our ten o'clock nap is pretty solid, within twenty minutes either way, she's exhausted. So, last week, I had put her in her bouncer for a while in the morning so I could do some homework, and I got up to do something maybe five minutes before her nap. Time ran away from me, and next thing I knew, it was 10:15! Whoops. I thought for sure the baby had been bouncing around and playing, but when I went to get her....


Fast asleep! She would occasionally twitch in her sleep, though, causing her to look like she was still playing. It isn't immediately obvious, but she was facing into the corner at the time. So precious. So hilarious. That's my girl!

And just a picture this time:


Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of her asleep! So sweet!
    And it's really fun when they start to get mobile, but you can't leave them alone at all. She will follow me everywhere, if she's in a good mood, or scream and follow if she's in a bad mood. Changing the laundry, doing the dishes, going to the bathroom... she will join me if she can. She LOVES the fact that she can move on her own. She LOVES the independence (as long as she's not alone!) and her ability to explore. She can get into everything. I've learned that she will find something on the floor and eat it, even five minutes after I swept/vacuumed. Such is life, it hasn't hurt her yet. It's a lot of work, but so entertaining to see her learning and growing. When the time comes, good luck with E. You'll need it. :)

    ReplyDelete