Saturday, December 31, 2011

Belated Merry Christmas

Christmas came and went with astonishing speed, considering how long the day felt. We finally got to go home! And... I had my first experience missing my flight. I won't go into details (mostly because it was embarrassing, even if it wasn't entirely our fault); the good news is that we actually did make it on to the next flight, possibly the only two standby passengers to do so. Christmas miracle!

Christmas day we started out with a baby blessing... we got up early because the Kiesters were performing a song, so we were going to rehearse with the pianist. However, five minutes before leaving, baby decided to have a diaper explosion - all over her little blessing dress. As it was, we made it just barely before church started. After church, we waited for the rest of Gary's family to come, ate brunch, and opened presents. The favorite present was at the end - lightsabers. :D Complete with motion-activated noises, including impact.

Next, we went to my family's house. There are advantages and disadvantages to having our families so close, but overall I appreciate being able to have two Christmases. We opened presents and ate a yummy dinner. Baby was much admired (though usually inconveniently hungry). Gary got sucked into a game of Munchkin while I chatted with Mom. We were up quite late... well, just past midnight, I think, but we had been getting tired around 8.

The next few days passed way too quickly, eating and visiting family and eating... Wednesday I was pretty sick, so Gary was a champ and packed everything. (Gary is awesome like that.) We only had a few things we couldn't fit in our bags, one of which is a griddle that I might have used for dinner tonight. Good thing I've learned how to do without it so far. I'm still getting over being sick... I might have gotten some stomach bug or possibly food poisoning. I just hope my digestive system rights itself quickly, because my poor baby is acting hungry all the time, like she's not getting enough milk. :-(

And, for the record, I still don't know what I'm doing about the baby and school (which starts, oh, next week), but the good news is I'm actually studying a little for an exemption test. Almost a quarter of the way done!...

No comments:

Post a Comment