Sunday, September 16, 2012

Only stalling

I haven't been actively looking for my camera cord... but I have no idea where it is. Which is a real shame, because I need to get these pictures off my camera. Free up space to take more cute pictures! And, you know, share the ones already on there.

So, even though there aren't adorable pictures, I can assure you the baby is adorable. She's had quite the month - we moved at the beginning of August, went to my in-laws a week after moving, and then a few weeks after that, she had her surgery. I'm happy to say she is quite well recovered from surgery; in fact, she started crawling and walking (very slowly) the day we took her home - got sore the next day - and within a day or two after that, got to being active again. Moving slow, but moving. We were actually a bit disappointed actually. Baby girl really isn't much of a cuddler, and we were enjoying our cuddle time for a few days. Ah, well, it's good that she recovered so fast. She had some plastic tubes to help ease the passage of urine and they removed one last week, and with any luck, they'll remove the other one tomorrow, maybe Tuesday. It's kind of weird, actually (TMI warning) because they just cut the stitches that held it in place on the side of her incision and just pulled it out - it was in about 6 cm maybe?

So anyway. We officially have a walker, and she's getting quite good. However, she still likes to hold my hand(s) when I'm around, which is cute, except that if she doesn't get to hold my hands when she wants to, she usually sits down and cries about it. I remember hearing you can't spoil an infant, but unfortunately my baby isn't an infant anymore, and I think I may be spoiling her sometimes.

We're also branching out into new foods. I know she can pick up food and put it in her mouth, she just doesn't really want to sometimes. That's one of the reasons I may be spoiling her - she expects and prefers when I put it in her mouth for her. At least I know she can do a pretty good job chewing her food. So tonight I made some really lackluster black beans and rice for dinner (to see if she'd pick up any of it and put it in her mouth... just a tiny bit of rice, otherwise no go), and she ate it with me. I then fed her some baby food that must have been much more delicious, because I tried to give her more black beans after it and she just spat it out. She only recently started spitting food back out... luckily she enjoys most foods, and only does that when she isn't hungry or was eating something else she really enjoyed right before. So far.

That's a basic update. Maybe I should have spent the time searching for my camera cord instead.... how many pictures do you suppose I can fit in one post?

No comments:

Post a Comment