Sunday, June 17, 2012

To my dad

I just wanted to give a quick happy father's day to my daddy. My husband is wonderful, and I'm so glad he's a great father to our baby, but today I was thinking about my dad. I've always been especially fond of my dad - not quite a daddy's girl, though only because I was just as much a momma's girl. In the past five or so years, though, our relationship has changed a little, and I'm not sure which one instigated the change. It's become more... spiritual. My dad loves to tell me stories from his Primary children (he teaches 11-12 year olds at church) and things he learned or experienced as a result of studying the scriptures. I think that's pretty great, and I love the way he does it. It's very childlike... and tender. Special, like he's sharing a little bit of himself. It is almost a perfect embodiment of our relationship, I feel... tender and a little childlike. Sweet and innocent, yet with a touch of perfect Godly love.

I'll never be able to express how much my relationship with my daddy means to me. I told him how I shared the example of how he tells me stories from the Primary children during a church class today, and I hope he understood a little bit of how I appreciate him.

And, of course, being a family studies major, I appreciate him for numerous reasons. (Father-daughter relationships can have many positive outcomes.)

So, to my dad, and all daddys who love their children.... thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment